Based on the marking criteria of CSCL and the leather items presented for the judging, Eugene Pik received the Fellow member status. Following are the Requirements for the Fellow Membership:
1. At least one year as an Associate Member and three years of service to the Society.
2. Wide experience and meritorious achievement in the field of leathercraft.
3. Approval of the Board of Selection of submitted work as follows.
4 Articles (2 Large and 2 Small) of the applicant’s choice, all of different function, size and treatment,
chosen to show versatility in the craft and grasp of techniques. No piece submitted for Associates will
4. Articles will be marked according to the Society’s point system of judging. The minimum passing mark on
each of the four articles is 80 marks. All four articles must qualify.
5. All work submitted must be original in design and decoration, and should include, if possible, new forms
6. Candidates shall submit an article, not necessarily technical, for publication in Canadian Leathercraft for
the approval by the Board of Selection. An article previously published may be submitted.
7. Work submitted must be accompanied by the signed declaration on the application form that the work is
solely that of the candidate, done without supervision or Assistance.
8. Acceptance by a two-thirds vote of the Active available Fellows.